PRODUCTION + STUDIO ASSISTANT
We are a local Vancouver based jewelry line, sold and coveted around the world for our delicate designs. Our business is based in a sunny heritage studio at the heart of Gastown, surrounded by boutiques, restaurants, history, and an ever-growing creative community. We believe in the spirit of collaboration and collective ideas, which is highlighted by our open work space that comprises every aspect of our business. Our team is fueled by 100% girl power and we are looking for another member to join our team.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Roles vary from day to day, but you will be working in a wide range of areas that are integral to the smooth operation of the studio. The assistant is a part of the team, so there is huge opportunity to contribute and see first-hand what goes into the production of an internationally recognized jewelry brand. You will also be exposed to the inner workings of ecommerce and wholesale which are the backbone of our business.
- Must have excellent attention to colour, detail and quality, but still be able to produce work quickly
- Excellent eyesight and dexterity- most of the pieces and chains used in our jewellery are tiny and delicate :)
- Jewellery experience working with fine wire and pliers
- Wire-wrapping gemstones and beads
- Jumpring assembly
- Gemstone matching and quality control
- Light hammering
- Organizing supplies
- Packing up orders for shipment
- Occasionally assisting in studio shoppers
- Implement and maintain organizational systems for product and supplies
Immediate Start Date
Full time. Monday-Friday, 9-5
We are looking for somebody who loves jewelry, fashion, and is enthusiastic about any task. Must have good communication skills and a professional attitude. In addition, we’re seeking an exceptionally detailed oriented and organized individual with a willingness to learn.
Please email your resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org as well as any relevant social media handles (Pinterest, Instagram, blogs etc.). Please include job title in Subject Line.
We can't wait to hear from you!